Jun 30, 2013; Newark, NJ, USA; A general view of a sand sculpture with the 2013 NHL Draft logo before the 2013 NHL Draft at the Prudential Center. Mandatory Credit: Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports
Blues trade up again:
The Blues, for the second time tonight, traded up in the draft. This time, they acquired Nashville’s 4th round pick in exchange for the Blues 7th round pick this season and a 4th round pick next season. With the pick, they drafted left winger Zach Pochiro. For more on Pochiro, click here.
Round three has begun. Keep track of picks as they occur here.
7:00 p.m. Update:
- The Blackhawks have re-signed Bryan Bickell to a 4-year deal worth $16 million.
Round two has ended.
Blues trade back into 2nd round:
The Blues traded three picks (83, 94 and 113) to the Oilers for pick No. 57. With that pick, they selected left winger William Carrier. For more on Carrier, click here.
6:00 p.m. Update:
- The Blackhawks traded Michael Frolik to the Winnipeg Jets for two picks (74 and 134).
Blues make first pick:
The Blues drafted defenseman Tommy Vannelli with their first pick (No. 47) in the draft. For more on Vannelli, click here.
5:00 p.m. Update:
- The Carolina Hurricanes have traded Jamie McBain and a 2nd (No. 35) to Buffalo for Andrej Sekera.
- Oilers trade pick No. 37 to the Los Angeles Kings for three picks (57, 88, 96).
- The Devils have traded pick No. 39 to Phoenix for picks No. 42 & 73.
- Stanley Cup hero Dave Bolland was just traded from the Chicago Blackhawks to the Toronto Maple Leafs for three picks (51, 117 and a 4th in 2014).
- The Blue Jackets trade pick No. 44 to the Penguins for two picks (50 and 89).
Round one just finished up. Here is a complete list of the first round selections.
4:00 p.m. Update:
- The Detroit Red Wings have traded the No.18 pick to the Sharks for picks No. 20 & 58.
3:00 p.m. Update:
- Gary Bettman just announced that the New Jersey Devils traded the No. 9 pick to the Vancouver Canucks for Cory Schneider. The Edmonton Oilers tried to trade for Schneider, but apparently the asking price was too high from the Canucks end. The two teams are in the same division, after all.
- The Wild have traded Cal Clutterbuck to the New York Islanders for Nino Niederreiter and the No. 70 overall pick in today’s draft.
1:00 p.m. Update:
- Now, according to Pierre LeBrun, the Blues Jackets are close to signing Sergei Bobvrosky to an extension. It was rumored earlier today that the Columbus was offering Bobvrosky up in a trade.
- The Minnesota Wild have traded Justin Faulk to the New York Rangers in exchange for a 2014 sixth-round draft pick and AHL winger Benn Ferriero.
- The Phoenix Coyotes and goalie Mike Smith have agreed to a six-year extension.
- The Penguins have traded Tyler Kennedy to the San Jose Sharks:
Pre-Draft News and Rumblings:
- The Blues joined a parade of teams who met with free agent Vinny Lecavalier yesterday. Lecavalier’s contract was bought out this past week by the Tampa Bay Lighning.
- The Blues are apparently in trade talks with the Columbus Blue Jackets. The rumored deal would send forward David Perron to Columbus. However, there is no word on what names (or draft picks) would possibly return the Blues in a deal.
- Andy Strickland reported yesterday that defenseman Alex Pietrangelo will not accept any contract under $7 million. In the same article, Strickland reports that defenseman Jordan Leopold has been offered a two-year deal by the Blues.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have apparently inquired on the availability of Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak.
- The Blues do not hold a first-round pick in this years draft. Their first scheduled selection is in the second round at #47. With the quality of talent available in the draft this year, there has been speculation as to whether Blues Armstrong would want to move into the first round.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins and defenseman Kris Letang reached an agreement on an eight year extension worth $58 million. This is important for Blues fans to note, for it will almost certainly affect the Pietrangelo negotiations.
- Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton has told his club that he will explore free agency. The same article talks about the possibility of the Bruins trading Tyler Seguin.
- Since no one appears willing to take on Roberto Luongo‘s contract, the Vancouver Canucks are apparently now open to trading goalie Cory Schneider again.
- The Blue Jackets are offering up recent Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobvrosky and are in the market for a goalie to replace him.
- For a complete list of what else is being rumored around the league, check out this article.
More to come as we get it!